Sunday, September 09, 2007

Make thumbnail using Irfanview: Test

A reader requested for a post on publishing thumbnail in post. I have never done it before, going to try a test first. Below should be a thumbnail of places and activities of interest in Malaysia:



Amazon products for digital photography

These are photos of Malaysia which are copyright of Tourism Malaysia. The photos can be used to help promote Malaysia which is having a Visit Malaysia 2007 now. If you want to use the photos, please write in to Tourism Malaysia. You can find their website by typing or copy-pasting the search term "tourism malaysia" into the search box above, tick the box next to WEB and search.

I was not happy with the thumbnail above, so I did it all over again. I changed the background color to white and reduced the height to 200 pixels. The resulting thumnail is below:

Irfanview thumbnail done second time

I don't know about you, but I think the second thumbnail is better. Anyway, hope to see you in Malaysia.

Update: On second look, the height of the second thumbnail should have been made slightly taller as part of the word "Malaysia" is covered by one of the image. Instructions on how I did it is at Create thumbnails with Irfanview. I will be doing more tests on creating thumbnails when I find the time.

1 comment:

Todaydownload.com said...

These facts are really interesting. Few of them were well known for me but many of them were brand new for me too!
I will print this one out and show to my friends because they will be definitely interested in that. Thanks!
IrfanView