Wednesday, May 02, 2007

phydeaux3 Label Cloud Hack

phydeaux3 has described a hack for converting the New Blogger standard Label List to a label cloud at Code for New Blogger Tag Cloud/Label Cloud. I have decided to test it and see if it works. I tried the hack for this blog Gizmos and Gadgets, and the test was successful. The only problem was that blog used Ramani's of Hackosphere New Blogger fixed width Neo template, and the color for the minimum number of labels was black, and it was hardly visible. I had to experiment with changing the colors until the label colors was nice and visible. I had to change what phydeaux3 set for the colors to

<script type='text/javascript'>
// Label Cloud User Variables
var cloudMin = 1;
var maxFontSize = 20;
var maxColor = [255,255,255];
var minFontSize = 10;
var minColor = [191,240,255];
var lcShowCount = false;
</script>

to make the labels easily visible. You can see the Label Cloud at the bottom of the left sidebar of the blog Gizmos and Gadgets.

For the alteration, I used ColorPic to help me determine the RGB values to input into the maxColor and minColor.

No comments: