Friday, October 13, 2006

What to do when you don't see toolbar or EDIT HTML and COMPOSE tabs in the post editor

I have had this experience of not seeing the toolbar and the EDIT HTML and COMPOSE tabs in the post editor of Blogger Beta. For reasons too long to describe, I have ended up using Opera (even though it is not recommended as Blogger recommend IE and FireFox) when I am signed into my Blogger Beta account, and I have noticed that the problem occur most often in Opera. I have also encountered this problem in other browsers. A reader of my blog Blogger Tips and Tricks contacted me with the same problem and I have adviced her to change browser and/or clear private data (cache, cookies). She reported back that it helped her solve her problem. Another member of the Blogger Help Forum also complained of the same problem and I have given the same advice.

Nitecrurz (Chuck) of The real blogger status (close new window to get back to this page) said that he found a Hard Refresh (Shift - Refresh) usually brings his (toolbar) back.

No comments: